Although Nintendo haven’t officially released the majority of technical details for the Wii, many key facts have been released by press and electronic manufacture fans since release.
- IBM PowerPC-based "Broadway" CPU (estimated 729 MHz)
- 88 MB main memoryATI "Hollywood" Graphics (estimated at 243 MHz)
- 512 MB Internal flash memory storage
- Stereo audio (Dolby Pro Logic II-capable)
- Disc drive compatible with 8 cm GameCube discs and 12 cm Wii discs
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB 2.0
- Backward compatibility with Nintendo GameCube
- Supports 16 Wii remotes and 4 controller ports for GameCube controllers
Fact: Last year, Nintendo released a revised model of the Wii called the “Wii Family Edition” which was designed to be laid horizontally and got rid of the backwards compatibility with the GameCube.